Wednesday, September 05, 2007

School has started!

School started for Caitlin last week and I am happy to report that she loves it! This is the first time she has been so excited about going to school every day and she loves how nice everyone is. She is now in 1st grade at Calvary Elementary. I love that it is a Christian school and she has Bible study and Chapel time during the week. She comes with all these wonderful new stories about Jesus. My eyes tear up every time.

Mikayla started on Tuesday and is also enjoying school. She is attending Calvary Pre-school and has a great teacher. She got to take her favorite stuffed animal to school on her first day - what a smart plan! We didn't have any tears the first day but today my little one broke down when I was leaving - it made me want to cry too. But once her teacher walked in Kaylie went to her and dried her tears. She told me tonight she had a good day and is making new friends. So I'm not too worried.

I had a big week too - I started my new job at HP this week. So far it's been going well - no tears from me but I do wish I could bring a stuffed animal. :) Training is always a pain but I think the job will be good. I work for Pat Walker in the High End Laser Printer Department. Basically it's the R&D lab. The hardest part is getting used to seeing computer and printer parts everywhere! It's a bit overwhelming since I don't know much about what these people are doing. Mike would love it, I'm sure.

Since the girls started school and I started working full time our schedules are crazy. I do have a great boss who doesn't need his team in until 9am so I can take the girls to school and Mike picks them up at 3. But with all the after school activities...Music class, cheer leading, soccer and dance - I pray we find the time to smell the roses.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I'm glad school is going well for the munchkins! It is funny you started a new job the same week. Since you work so close we should try to have lunch every other week or something. (Even if we brown bag lunch and go down by the river)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home