Friday, November 04, 2005

Fall with the Fam

Well we just had a great visit from Bob and Carol Warren. The weather was wonderful, aside from a brief Texas sized thunderstorm just when we wanted to start trick or treating. The girls had a great time running up to doors and ringing the bell and having people hand them candy. We now have a large bowl full of candy that sits on top of the fridge so the girls cannot get to it.

I had my camera on manual focus for some of the pictures I took so since I already posted halloween pics I will just go ahead and post the pics that we took at our outing to the zoo. The weather was perfect and I didn't drip an ounce of sweat the whole day, a miracle in Houston.

Here is Grandma and Mikayla outside the elephant barn at the Houston Zoo. If you can't tell Mikayla is looking older and I still can't believe she is only two. It seems she is a lot more mature, if a little more headstrong, than Caitlin was at this age. She can be so sweet one second and the next she gives me the death glare; I think "What did I do?". She is a great girl and her personality will serve her well when she grows up.

Grandpa and Grandma with Caitlin and Mikayla at a new section of the Zoo. People who meet us on the street keep asking if Mikayla and Caitlin are twins. They look like sisters, but twins? Twin cuties maybe!
Here the girls are playing with a 'spitting' frog. They thought that if they hit the frogs head he would spit water, so they were slapping away on the frog until it would spit. There were some other water features in this new section of the zoo and I kept shooing the girls away from the bigger ones so they wouldn't get wet. Then I started thinking it would be great to snap a pic of them getting soaked, but it never came to fruition. That would have been great.

Here we have both Grandma and Grandpa 'mooing' with the girls, who are sitting on top of a cow. We had a great time at the zoo and both Caitlin and Mikayla have since expressed how much they miss Grandma and Grandpa.

We had a great time and can't wait to see more family around Christmas time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home