Wednesday, October 12, 2005

San Antonio is Deely Country.

We just got back from our trip to San Antonio and it was a great time. I can't tell you how fun it is to see Nathan and my two girls playing together. They are doing pretty well together and there wasn't to much of Nathan getting pushed around and I can tell that he will soon be stronger and faster then they are since all he pretty much does is run around and climb on things. I feel for Andrea, girls are easier to deal with I think and don't do as much climbing and rough housing.

My dad and I were the most recent golf scramble champions, as seen by the winning 'you won!' cake presented to us on the night of win. I think I shot like 4 or 5 birdies and dad may have helped some too. Brian and Kevin didn't stand a chance against a powerhouse like myself.


Here is a picture of the extended Texas family in Tarpley, Texas. This was a great get together and we had fun seeing everyone and letting everyone see our girls and get to know them a little better.






Here is Caitlin and Mikayla with their great Grandmother Margaret, Monnie. Caitlin said when we were driving to the hotel in the car a day or two later 'They are all my family.' Both girls just loved being around the family and getting to play and have fun 24x7.



We had a day at Sea World and that was a lot of fun. The highlight of the day had to be seeing Shamu. They are so large and powerful and I can only hope that they love performing as much as people like to see them.

This pic was one of several good shots I took out of the 20 or 30 I snapped. Its hard to believe an orca that weighs ten thousand pounds or more can jump all the way out of the water, amazing.

This picture tells a funny story, Grandma was reading a story to the kids in our hotel room. After finishing the story Andrea wanted to get Nathan to bed but Nathan didn't want to go with mommy. All the kids kind of laid down and I knew that Andrea was tired and wanted to go to bed so I picked up Nathan and gave him to Andrea. Nathan promptly gave mommy a kiss goodnight and then motioned for me to take him and we all knew that he wanted to go back to bed with the girls. I put him back into bed with the girls and he did not want to leave. He was having fun with the other kids and I guess he wanted to sleep with them that night. He put up a fight when Andrea finally took him away. I wonder if he would have gone to sleep.

The highlights of the trip though were seeing the kids interacting with everyone. Caitlin is getting old enough that she is starting to feel real emotions, not that Mikayla or Nathan can't but they are still in 'baby' mode. So one sad thing that happened was on the final day of the trip we had just gone to the Children's Museum and then to the Hall of Horns. We were at my van saying our goodbyes and Caitlin realized that we were leaving and weren't going to see Grandma for a while and I look back and her little lip is quivering and there are tears in her eyes and she sees me looking at her and says 'I miss grandma.' It was heartbreaking.

The memories she is making now will stay with her for a lifetime and I am so thankful that we were able to have the whole family together and share in the memories with the kids. Thanks Mom and Dad for a great time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home